Nauvou provides the ability for you (the manufacturer) to create many different kinds of documents and make them available to your dealers/distributors.
At first this might look intimating, but it’s really quite straight forward.
Link Name is your name for the web page. It’s best to not have spaces, and the link name should be unique. It’s part of the web address. Make it look pretty for your dealers or distributors.
- Page Title, what do you want to appear at the top of the page? This is also used in the title attribute on the web page.
- If you would like to have an image at the top of your document, select it using the choose file pull down. The image should be on your computer.
- Page body. It’s easiest to create your document in a word processor and then simply paste it into the page body. You can type it into this page if you like.
- The attached file, appears as a link to your dealers, and can be just about any sort of file. We mostly use PDF files or images.
- The Category list is to keep your right hand menu organized. You must choose one. Should you wish to create a new category, simply go to the keywords, and edit the DocumentCategories keyword. You can add more categories as you like. Empty categories do not show up on the menu.
- Show in Menu: is the name that will be the link to this document. This can have spaces, but you will notice, it’s nice if “show in menu” is short.
When you hit the save document the document will be live to your dealers!
If you are creating a draft, just don’t put anything in the show in menu. Then your document will NOT show up on the menu. Dealers will NOT be able to see your document. Should you want to show someone what you are working on, simply navigate to “LinkName” that you created in item 1. The address will be something like http://xyz.nauvou.com/home_pages/testing where testing is the “linkName” that you used in the first item.
I like to spend time outdoors, either boating or riding my bicycle. Since 2000, I've worked with manufacturers, creating systems to save time. You can reach me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.